So I decided I would start my bog off the right way. And what better way to do it then to b**ch about my neighbors?
I think I have been very patient over the past few months with them considering I'm pregnant and have been snapping at Jimmy for just looking at me the wrong way. But I'm trying to be semi-Christlike and not say anything mean to my neighbors...just say stuff behind their backs.
When we first moved into our little condo we thought it was really quiet and everyone was really friendly and nice. Little did we know we got the neighbors from hell. If you haven't been to our place yet, we live in a four-plex condo building. We have neighbors below us and to the right of us that we have to share walls and/or floors with.
The neighbors that I have the problem with live right underneath us. They have two little brats that run around causing all sorts of problems. Unfortunately they get it from their parents so I can't really blame them.
Over the summer the kids would leave their toys lying all around the common area outside. On the middle of the sidewalks, in the parking lot, on my front porch, everywhere. It was annoying coming home in the dark and tripping over someone's bicycle. They also would run around in the parking lot and I was constantly terrified of running someone over.
The kids also enjoyed walking in our house to look around. Not even joking, I would constantly find them looking around or opening our front door. It got to the point where we just started to keep the door locked because they wouldn't stop.
Then the parents over the summer decided to go camping a couple times and would clean out their little trailer and hook it up to their jeep. Which is fine except they were banging around outside our window at 2:00 in the frickin' morning. Hello...some of us have to work in the morning! It even got to the point where they had a spotlight shining straight into our window. It was so bright we couldn't sleep. Jimmy finally got fed up with it and went out to talk with them and they were inside! They just went inside and left it on!!
The last straw happened last night and its been going on the past few weeks. Their kids scream. LOUDLY. They put their kids to bed late at night and for whatever reason they've started throwing huge tantrums...I mean banging and kicking on the walls, screaming and crying for hours at a time....I got woken up at 12:30 last night and 4:00 this morning because of it. They even got a different neighbors dog to start barking at them. And it doesn't stop, its not getting any better, its getting louder and longer. I'm trying to be understanding and patient because I'm not a parent yet, I don't know what they're going through, and I'm going to have a screaming newborn soon, but everything that happened over the summer has left me running a little low on patience. And honestly I need all the sleep I can get.
I don't know if I should call them, or write them a little reminder that we live here too, but its getting old. Maybe I should call the cops to enforce the noise ordinance or my HOA. Or I could be mean and start jumping on the floor, banging on the walls, and sing really loud late at night.
Hopefully I'll have some happier posts with pictures in the near future. That is if I can get my camera back from my mom...
Thursday, November 4, 2010
My awful neighbors!
Posted by Samantha at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
No jumping on the floor until you're 38 weeks....Annoying neighbors are the worst. I'm not sure what to do, but no jumping. Definitely no jumping.
I would contact HOA! That is what they are for. The benefits of living in an HOA area is there are rules and regulations which makes it a happy, good place to live and well it is not so happy right now. There is no way I would put up with it. I say do something about it ASAP!
If HOA doesnt do anything, call the cops. Dead serious. We didnt have an HOA at our apartment and this like old lady lived above us and listened to techno alllllll night long. Not to mention the dancing and banging she would do with the techno.... Ug. We finally got so annoyed Lance went outside and broke into the electric box and shut off her power mid song and dance. ahhahahhaha. Cops repoed her sterio once too.... Oh the joys of living with "close" neighbors.... Lets play this weekend!!
Neighbors are SUCH a pain. It's so nice to know that we are not the only ones with neighbors from hell. Ours is a dog however. Such a pain in the Arss. We have tried talking to them, that would be my first reccomendation. You'll probably have to do that a few times. If you don't see improvement or anything, the next is the cops. The crappy thing is that they are your neighbors. You have to see them all the time. Mine are in my ward. lol It doesn't stop me from literally SCREAMING at their dog from my window atleast 3 times a day however. Also, some things you just have to live with. Crying kids probably. Screwing around with their jeep at 2 am and toys everywhere.. No. definitely not. Good luck girl. Neighbors suck. That's just how it works. ugh.
Post a Comment