So it only took us 36 weeks, but we finally got a good snapshot of Camille last night. We get an ultrasound every time we go to our doctor and ever since about 20 weeks they have been trying to get a good 3D picture of her. It never really turned out very good because she was always wide awake and moving when they did it.
My sister-in-law who is also pregnant got a picture awhile ago and it was amazing. The baby was looking straight at the camera and they got several of them. I'm pretty sure that was the week we both had our targeted ultrasounds (our due dates are only two days apart) and ours lasted 20 minutes just for the ultrasound because of how much Camille was moving. Theirs lasted 7 minutes...she better be a snuggler when she gets here or I'm going to be upset.
I finally gave up on ever seeing what she might look like. But last night we finally caught her when she was sleeping and she was so far down she wasn't moving.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Baby's first picture
Posted by Samantha at 2:14 PMIn case you can't tell what you're looking at, its a side picture and her fist is resting on her forehead. The doctor said it was just an okay shot but its the best one we've gotten the whole time. (Sorry for the poor quality its from Jimmy's IPhone)
Speaking of doctors we finally decided to go to a new one after what happened last time. Well let me rephrase that. We were going to see two doctors for the last little bit, my regular doctor (Dr. Naisbitt) and the doctor who was coming in to take over all of his patients (Dr. Alejo). We made a special appointment to meet with them both last night. Our appointment was at 6:40. When we got there they told us that Dr. Naisbitt had just been called away for a delivery (shocker) and that it would be an hour or so before he got back and he had been running behind an hour before then. So we could either wait, come back, or see another doctor. So I asked to see Dr. Alejo because I would be getting to know him anyway. I was then told that Dr. Alejo had left at six because he hadn't booked up his appointments for the rest of the night. So irritating!
I had told Jimmy before this that I was just plain annoyed with doctors and that I didn't want to go to anymore appointments because the next doctor I wanted to see better be handing over my baby. So I decided to go see Dr. Davis who is who we would have been seeing before but Dr. Naisbitt talked us out of it.
Then I get back to the exam room and the nurse kindly informs me that since I was 36 weeks I was doing a pelvic exam...Oh joy. What a nice first impression!
Then Dr. Davis came in....and I am honestly so excited about him. He was so nice and friendly and totally made me feel comfortable, even though I was half naked. He actually talked to me and made me feel like a real human being and that my questions were important. He spent over 15 minutes with us where before it was in and out. And he even discovered that they didn't have on their records that I was allergic to penicillin, which could be important come D-day.
So I've decided to go to him now. And Jimmy was okay with that thankfully. Now I don't have to dread the next four weeks. Yay for Dr. Davis! I am still looking for a pediatrician or family doctor so if you have any suggestions let me know. We live in Bountiful so keep that in mind please! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Glad all the doctor stuff all worked out. That sounds so frustrating. That baby will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment