So due to lack of sleep and trying to function around someone else's schedule, I'm just now getting around to blogging about our little addition to the family.
In case you didn't know, Camille decided to keep us waiting for her arrival. Luckily our doctor decided to schedule to induce me a week after her due date if she hadn't come on her own. We went into the hospital twice hoping she was on her way. Once was because I had false labor for three hours straight. The second time was because I was having really bad dizzy spells and when I called they told me to go get checked out. Unfortunately they sent me home because she wasn't stressing and my doctor was out of town. I had to stay on bed rest for the next few days before the induction.
It was a really strange feeling, that after months of waiting and waiting for some magical random moment to send me into labor, it turned into a scheduled event. We woke up at 5:30 in the morning (not that we had really slept the night before) and called the hospital to confirm they had a room for us at 6. After that we were good to go. We arrived at 7 in the morning and after checking us in the doctor arrived at 7:50 to break my water. I was still dilated at a 1 and 90% effaced. My nurse started my Pitocin drip about half an hour later and then left to go help one of her other mothers get an epidural. Ten minutes after she left I was in some serious pain. The really awful thing was that there was only one anesthesiologist for the entire floor that day. Luckily when they finally did come back the epidural was put in quickly and took effect within ten minutes.
We sure love our little girl. She loves to snuggle, wakes up only twice during the night, and has strong legs that are just ready to start motoring around. We would love any visitors, just please note that mom is now a germ-a-phobe :)







3 comments:
Yeah! You got the pictures to work! I love the info about the birth. I have been wondering how it all went down. Way to go mom! She is a beauty!
congrats she is cute!! Glad labor wasn't too horrible for you. That's the part I would do all over again if I didn't have to be prego. :D Glad she is finally here and you guys are getting some sleep at night twice a night isn't too bad. I love labor stories so thanks for sharing.
Wonderful! So happy for you! Congratulations!
Post a Comment